Tuesday, September 22, 2009

19 weeks and counting..

I was trying to wait until I found out if he is a he or she is a she to post again, but.....

I had a doctors appointment yesterday. The precious one's heartbeat is 150 and his (or her) precious Mother is gaining weight. I've officially gained eleven pounds in less than three months. I can't blame it on the child because he (or she) is about the size of a mango right now. It's okay. For the love of the child.

My stomach is tight. I can feel the stretching. It's like I'm trying to digest a basketball. Hope that's normal.

No longer experiencing morning sickness THANK GOD!! but the newest invasion of the body snatchers issue is bellyaches. Terrible and long lasting. It's gas that does not move or go anywhere. It seems to just like staying right in my stomach, totally unconcerned with escaping. Yesterday it was so bad my stomach was actually sore to the touch.

I haven't felt the child kick yet, or maybe I have as they say it feels a lot like gas in the early stages, like a fluttering. And I've certainly had fluttering. I'm looking forward to feeling the baby kick. So strange to actually look forward to being kicked. :-)
I'm working, writing, packing and feeling very lucky and blessed that I am feeling well enough to do all of these things. Because the first few months I was useless.

The doctor told me even when I get the ultrasound and they guess the sex of the child, she would suggest going with a neutral color on the walls in the nursery because the ultrasound might be wrong. Sigh. Sorry but I'm probably going to go with the guess. Purple for girl, brown/tan for boy. Or I may cop out and do the "neutral" thing. Hopefully not. She suggested green. No way! No green walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment